MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5Barry Copeland 28 / March / 18 Visitors: 295
From the very beginning, we would like to emphasize an important detail: MetaTrader 5 though is considered an updated platform, but it is not as popular as the previous version. In addition, many brokers do not have this platform at all and do not offer to use it to their customers. In this short review, we tried to take into account the essential differences between the most popular platforms in order to facilitate the choice for novice traders.
Distinctive features of MetaTrader 5:
- there is an opportunity to see the smallest details of the transaction, and not only the most basic of its parameters;
- the number of timeframes has doubled;
- the appearance of two new tabs in the "Market Watch" window: "Details" and "Trading" - the first one shows a price overview, and the second one allows to open the lamp in one click;
- added the ability to see the volume of the applications submitted;
- work with orders became much worse: instead of a grid of orders, you will see them in the form of one position;
- Improved technical analysis: now on the chart you can add Elliot waves and other details;
- added the ability to drag stops with the mouse;
- improving the strategy tester;
- you can not lock positions;
- advisers and indicators are not in the priority.
We came to this conclusion: if you like to open a large number of orders, then this version of the platform will not work for you.